Want to know more about ConfiDental Care? Then take a look at some of our Frequently Asked Questions and answers.
Q1 – How can I become a patient at ConfiDental Care?
Phone or email us. We are taking on New patients and are happy to see you as an NHS dental patient ! Please feel free to fill out and bring along the smile survey questionnaire as it will help discussion of the concerns you have.
Q2 – I’m an NHS patient, can I book an appointment at your dental practice?
Yes of course, you are most welcome. We see Adults (whether you are fee-paying or exempt from charges), and children under NHS Contract. Why delay, give us a try !
Q3 – Do you offer tooth whitening?
Yes we offer both home whitening and ‘laser’whitening using the patented Zoom technology. We are happy to provide advice and guidance on either option and have a special offer on Teeth whitening at present.
Please contact reception to arrange an appointment .
Q4 – I get very nervous at the dentist. How can you accommodate me?
Our experienced Dentists’ use a calm chairside manner. It is vital to listen to your preferences and learn from your previous dental experiences. Our aim is to reduce your anxiety ; providing Good Dentistry is not just clinical excellence but ‘whole-patient’ care as well !
Intravenous Sedation under both NHS (limited) and Private contract is available for our more dentally anxious patients. The Dentist will assess suitability ; this invaluable technique has allowed many patients to get the dental care they want without the anxiety associated with the delivery of it.
Q5 – I’ve chipped a tooth and need immediate treatment. Can you help?
We have daily ’emergency’ slots and aim to see you within 24hrs (in many cases on the same day ); please phone us immediately !
Q6 – How can I find ConfiDental Care?
Please see the map on the home page; the surgery has a shop frontage in a well-established and popular parade along Southborough Lane known locally as ‘The Fairway’ . The 208 bus going either way stops directly outside the Practice. Feel free to ask reception when you book an appointment if you are not sure?
Q7 – I am concerned about my smile but am confused about the treatments that are suitable for me and costs?
Our experienced Practitioners can guide you through the maze of modern cosmetic treatments out there. We ask such patients to fill out email/print off a smile survey questionnaire as it will help us to advise you .
You have two options.
a) Contact us for a Private Dental Examination (£49.99) . The dentist will need to investigate the issue thoroughly and after taking X-rays talk you through various options. Clear estimates for any treatments are always given and your agreement sought before any treatment is started.
b) Book a FREE CONSULTATION for Smile OR Dental Implants. This is useful way of getting advice only.
Either way , there is no reason to delay any further -we look forward to seeing you !
Q8 – Private or NHS – what’s the difference?
Many people are confused about the difference between Private and NHS dental treatment so we have outlined the differences below.
- Private treatment gives us complete freedom to provide the very highest standard of treatment and materials; resulting in more cosmetically focused dental care.
- We have no restrictions on the type of fillings or crowns or dentures we provide or how often we see you; also there are no restrictions with what time frame your treatment is completed.
- NHS patients are treated with the same attention and care as our private patients though the government does impose some restrictions.
- Fillings and crowns in back teeth will nearly always be silver or metal alloy rather than ‘tooth-coloured’ or porcelain.
- We must follow government guidelines for recalling patients, This may mean a lengthier time scale between appointments.
- Appointment availability may be limited.
- The government imposes limits on the amount of NHS treatment each practice can provide. Once we reach our limit we may not be able to offer any more NHS treatment until the next financial year.
- Some treatments are not available under the NHS.
Q9 – Are you open evenings and weekends?
We open alternate Saturday mornings (9-1pm) for treatment/consultations/examinations.
In addition, we offer FREE SMILE OR IMPLANT CONSULTATIONS on Monday evenings between 6-8pm.
If you have any other questions or queries, please feel free to give us a ring on 020 8289 3388 or visit our contact page for more information.